So beautiful it’s unfair to the rest of the world.
1. Let’s get one thing out of the way: When it comes to gorgeous scenery, no country can rival Indonesia.
This is in East Java.
2. It is home to the most diverse and breathtaking landscapes. From Mount Bromo, a volcano in East Java…
3. To the idyllic beaches of Belitung…
4. And the Minangkabau Highlands’ rice fields, in West Sumatra.
5. Seriously, Indonesia is so beautiful it actually hurts.
6. It’s hard to imagine that such a place can exist in real life.
This is Mount Rinjani, an active volcano on the island of Lombok.
7. Take Lake Toba, in North Sumatra, for instance.
8. It’s not even the most famous attraction in the country.
9. And yet, it’s still surreally beautiful.
10. Indonesia has everything you could dream of.
This is a sunrise in the Kerinci valley, in Sumatra.
12. Otherworldly valleys.
This is at the foot of Mount Bromo.
13. Beaches that will make you forget all of your troubles.
Like this beach on Lombok island.
14. And unparalleled sunsets.
15. Feeling a bit overwhelmed? It’s ok. Let’s take a break with this adorable baby monkey who lives in the Ubud Monkey Forest in Bali..
16. Speaking of forests, Indonesia has some gorgeous ones. Obviously.
17. It also has views that will ruin you for life.
This is the view from Mount Rinjani, the second highest volcano in Indonesia.
18. Whether it’s from the air…
The Gilis and Lombok Island.
19. The sea…
The tropical island of Kanawa.
20. Or from the crater of an active volcano.
Mount Rinjani, Lombok.
21. Did I mention the waterfalls?
22. I mean, come on!
Kerinci Seblat National Park, Sumatra.
23. How can you compete with that?
Wayag island, Raja Ampat.
25. It’s not even fair to the rest of the world.
Gili Trawangan, Lombok.
26. This is a lot to take, I know. Let’s take a break for a second.
27. Indonesia is home to some stunning world-famous monuments. Like the Borobudur temple.
29. And the Uluwatu temple, also in Bali.
30. Indonesia is also home to the Ijen volcano and its crater lake.
31. At night, a strange phenomenon happen there, and you can see electric blue flames.
It’s because of the sulphuric gas.
32. Just more proof that Indonesia is a truly magical place.
Sunset view towards Lombok.
33. There is beauty everywhere.
Komodo National Park.
34. So much that it’s hard to believe it’s real.